I’ve been nominated by Naomi at Not A Perfect Mum to write 20 facts about me. So here goes!
1) I hold dual nationality – British and Finnish. Most people know this about me, but I had to write it first. It’s important!
2) The children are also dual nationals. Joe and I felt it was really important to get their heritage and identity as Finns registered.
3) I’m a lover of all things Scandi. Design, interiors, clothing, accessories… They are all so effortlessly cool and so practical.
4) I’m an only child. I think I do miss not having a sibling.
5) So I’m making my children have lots! Baby #3 is on the way!
6) I’m a total Londoner. I moved away for 3 years when I went to university, but gravitated back as soon as I could. I just love this city.
7) But I love where we live on the Kent/London boarder. It’s the best of both. Quick links to central London and a short drive the other way into the English countryside.
8) When I was 17 I trekked around the Guyanese rainforest for a month! We slept in hammocks slung between trees in the jungle, ate questionable food, drank questionable water and had our eyes opened to life outside of ‘civilisation’. It was a truly wonderful experience.
9) I’m t-total. Alcohol has never appealed. It tastes bad. It’s expensive. It’s not good for the body. It’s just not for me. I am not in the least bit curious about drink and very comfortable with my decision.
10) I also don’t eat cheese. In the same way most people cannot understand why I wouldn’t eat something so amazing, I cannot understand how most people eat something so awful!!
11) My favourite food would either be bbq ribs or a seafood linguini. Now I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!
12) When I’m not off having babies I work full time. It’s a real juggle and life never stands still. I crave TIME. But this is how life is right now. I’m lucky to have my family and I’m lucky to have my job.
13) Three years ago I had 2 lots of surgery to remove lumps from my breast. I was lucky that they were benign. The only symptom I had was leaking clear fluid but sure enough scans showed there were 2 small masses. It was such a worrying time and I’m eternally grateful to the NHS for the swift treatment.
14) I love craft. I’ve taught myself how to use a sewing machine and how to crochet. Above, I said I crave TIME. I wish I had more time for craft. Thankfully I can take crochet with me so I can frequently be found with a work-in-progress on my commute.
15) As a child my dad’s nickname for me was ‘tiger’. I call Violet ‘scampi’ and Ezra ‘tinker’.
16) Joe and I got married in the winter. It was the best day of our lives.
17) Joe and I are very different in so many ways. We have a lot of contrasts in the things we like, our experiences, how we grew up. But we fit together perfectly.
18) My best travel experience was a 3 week trip to Peru. I trekked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, stayed is Cusco, stood on floating reed islands on Lake Titicaca. I cannot recommend Peru highly enough as a country to go and explore.
19) I think this next baby will be born at home. That’s the plan anyway!
20) I never spot celebrities but in the past week I have seen Mo Farrah and Emma Thompson!
I’m now going to nominate the following blogs to post their 20 facts:
Laura at Five Little Doves
Bethany at Being Mummy
Mary at Mamma Croft
Katie at Curious Little Teapot
Becky at Spirited Puddle Jumper
Jenni at Chilling with Lucas
Image courtesy Jen Chooses Joy.