Here are the small things which have made me smile this week, my Happy Days:
1. I have started my secondment and I’m enjoying it so much! The volume of work to get through is a little daunting but it feels so great to get stuck in, come up with new ideas and try to put some of my creativity into my work. I have 5 weeks left and I know it will fly by. I just hope my colleagues around me are happy.
2. Violet has just got over ANOTHER vomiting bug. That’s 3 in 3 weeks (thanks very much pre-school!). So while I’m absolutely fed up of dealing with sick, I’m happy we are through the latest one!
3. Ezra got his first shoes. More about that one later….
4. Ezra is saying Mama on request. It doesn’t have meaning for him yet but I love hearing sounds other than “uh”! He also sings a little tune which we have sung to him from birth.
5. We have had a few weekends now with no plans. As much as I love seeing friends and family, I really crave time where it’s just the 4 of us. Our weeks are a blur with the daily grind. So to have had so many weekends where we have pottered around the house, gone for walks, explored new parks has been really perfect.
That’s what’s been keeping me happy over the last week, what’s been making you smile? Tell me about your Happy Days.